The schedule is subject to change.
Sunday, June 12
- All Day– Arrivals
- 10 am – 4 pm – Welcome Registration Bag pick-up at The Historic Brookstown Inn
- 3 – 5 pm – SATW Board Meeting
- 4 pm – Pre-tours arrive at The Historic Brookstown Inn
- 6 – 8 pm – Welcome to Winston-Salem – A Taste of Winston-Salem Opening Night Dinner Reception Under the Stars in the Historic Brookstown Courtyard. At this opening reception at our host hotel, the North Carolina Wine Growers Association will be pouring wine from the region. There will also be heavy hors d’oeuvres from the city’s best eateries.
Monday, June 13
- 7 – 9 am – Complimentary Breakfast – Hot Southern breakfast buffet at the Brookstown’s dining room adjacent to the main lobby.
- 8 – 8:45 am – Marketplace setup for Associates at The Historic Brookstown Inn, Brookstown Ballroom
- 8:45 -10:15 am – Marketplace at Brookstown Ballroom
- 10:30 – 11:30 am – Opening & Sponsor Welcome/Professional Development Session I – Winston Ballroom: Re-righting History: An in-depth panel discussion with the historians, archivist and archaeological principals guiding Old Salem Museums & Gardens “Hidden Town Project.” Speakers: Frank Vagnone, president of Old Salem Museums and Gardens; Martha Hartley, Director of Moravian Research, Co-Chair of Hidden Town Project; Cheryl Harry, Triad Cultural Arts & Co-chair of Hidden Town Project
- 11:45 am -12:45 pm – Professional Development Session II – Winston Ballroom: The Art of the Pitch: There is an art to pitching, especially in these days of a crowded inbox. How do your pitches get noticed? What makes a truly irresistible pitch? This class would teach proven ways to get your email read by the correct editor and be picked up for publishing. It will also teach some ideas to ease the sting of rejection (it happens). At the end of the session, attendees will have several minutes to partner and assess pitches. Some will read their pitches aloud for the group and get personal attention. Speaker: Jessica Farthing, Freelance writer
- 1 – 2 pm – Lunch, Contest Announcement, and Candidate Speeches at The Historic Brookstown Inn
Free Time to rest, restore and explore Winston-Salem on your own.
6:30 p.m. Board Buses at front of hotel on Brookstown Avenue
Dinner at the Hottest Place in Winston-Salem: 600 Hundred Degrees in the downtown Innovation Quarter.
9 p.m. Return to the Historic Brookstown Inn
- After Hours – Optional Craft Draft Crawl to local craft breweries
Tuesday, June 14
- 7- 9 am – Complimentary Breakfast – Hot Southern breakfast buffet at the Brookstown’s dining room adjacent to the main lobby.
9:30 a.m. Board transfer to Reynolda House Museum of American Art. Board Buses at front of hotel on Brookstown Avenue.
- 9:50 am – Arrive at Reynolda House Museum of Art and walk down to the Gallery Theatre
- 10 – 11:30 am – Welcome to Reynolda and Professional Development Session III at Reynolda: Winston-Salem’s History of Entrepreneurial Spirit: Enterprising Examples to Kick-Space Creativity. Speaker: Susan Morris, founder of SueMo Consulting
11:45 a.m.- 12:45 p.m. Lunch on the Lawn – Reynolda Inspired Menu
- Noon – Lunch/Free Time at Reynolda
- 1 – 4 pm – Half-Day Tours
- Estate Exploration – Reynolda Revealed
- The More You Grow – Winston-Salem’s Historic Gardens
- Art Takes Center Stage
4 p.m. Tours return to the Historic Brookstown Inn
- Free Time
- Dinner on your own in Downtown Winston-Salem: For assistance with dining recommendations and/or reservations, please feel free to consult with Visit Winston-Salem’s Visitor Information Center Specialists. The Center, next door to the Historic Brookstown Inn is open Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. or refer to Winston-Salem’s Wine & Dine Guide placed in your welcome bag.
- 9 – 11 pm – After-Glo Party at The Historic Brookstown Inn’s Cotton Mill Lounge- Come dressed in your 1920s attire for an after-dinner dessert and drinks reception in the hotel’s speakeasy. The best dressed wins a Gilded Age themed prize!
Wednesday, June 15
- 7 – 10 am –Complimentary Breakfast – Hot Southern breakfast buffet at the Brookstown’s dining room adjacent to the main lobby.
- 9:30 a.m. – Post-Tours begin
- 11 am – Check out of The Historic Brookstown Inn
- All Day– Departures